Q Band Transmitter
Space Heritage Q2 2023
Our compact Q Band Transmitter system is a miniaturized plug&play solution for Cubesats and small satellites, specifically designed for high reliability and radiation tolerance.
Suitable for LEO and GEO missions, it offers a Q Band Transmitter and a high gain dual polarized lens horn antenna.
The system offers high linearity upconversion for existing on-board S-L band systems or it can act as standalone Q Band Transmitter.
The internal low power modulator is compatible with CW/ASK/OOK/FSK modulations and beacon signal generation.
Support of numerous interfaces and communication protocols ensure compatibility with all popular Cubesat and Smallsat platforms.
Robust construction, component qualification and EMI shielding meet the requirements for space and harsh environments.
- Cubesat and Smallsat missions
- FSS communications
- LEO satellites
- BIU satellite services
- S band Radio upconversion
- IoT for Space
- Operating modes:
- Upconverter from external IF
- OOK/ASK/FSK Transmitter
- CW/OOK/ASK/FSK Beacon
- RF output: 37.5 – 42.5 GHz
- IF input: 2185 MHz
- RF Performance:
- 28 dBi lens horn antenna
- EIRP: 48 dBm
- LHCP/RHCP selectable
- Signal bandwidth: customizable up to 250 MHz
- ALC and FGM gain modes
- MER: better than 35 dB
- Spurious & harmonics: lower than -60dBc
- Built-in self test
- Integrated multi-standard modulator:
- ASK/OOK: up to 2 Mbps
- n-FSK: up to 1 Mbps
- integrated rad-hard 300 MIPS MCU
- 16 MB internal rad-tol FLASH memory
- dual 32 kB rad-hard memories
- OTA and debug interfaces
- Input voltage: 6.5 V – 30 V
- Sleep: <100 mW
- Standby: <1 W
- Operating: 10 W max
- Voltage and current monitors
- SMP coaxial IF input
- 2.92mm coaxial RF output
- Harwin miniaturized space qualified connectors
- 2x CAN and 1x RS-422
- CSP compatible
- 4 additional programmable GPIO
- Operating temperature: -30 °C to +70 °C
- Integrated temperature sensors
- internal dosimeter (up to 100 krad)
- Mass: 700 gr.
- Dimensions: 1.5 U
- Compatible with standard commercial Cubesat platforms
- AL7075-T6 chassis
- 30 krad radiation qualified
- Qualification test levels and duration will follow ECSS-E-ST-10-03C and GEVS: GSFC-STD-70006